joeplow
joeplow, Master High-Tech
Experience:  Manager & High-Tech.36yrs since 1978
17290852

04 dodge ram AWD, at ghway speeds it shifts down and when it

Customer Question

04 dodge ram AWD
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: at highway speeds it shifts down and when it tries to shift back ino overdrive it is kinda rough then it goes back into 4th and the check engine light comes on. as soon as the truck slows down at a stop sign the truck dies. it is in limp mode, I got p0700 code and then scanned the tcm and got two chassis codes c0059 and c0454. I have checked the resistance on all speed sensors on tranny they are good. is it possibly the power steering pressure switch causing the problem?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: the truck runs great and has no trans slipping so I'm sure its a sensor or switch but I haven't been able to pin point it yet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no I believe that covers it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first, I need the vin number so that I can pull the schematics and also check for any related service bulletins for the codes and the symptoms

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1D3HU18D24J194154Truck has 267000 miles on it, 20k miles on new motor and tranny rebuild. It runs great and shifts like normal... Until this problem showed up. The cel and limp mode usually happens with cruise control set but has also done it without.
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Hmmm, dont know if there is something wrong with my database, but I am not pulling up either code. I will opt out and see if another expert has information

Expert:  joeplow replied 1 year ago.

Hello , you should change out 2 parts right off the get go #1 would be the T.P.S. #2 would be the transmission relay.......average life of those is around 160.000 so your way past average life....relay is under hood & T.P.S. is located on the throttle body......then reset computer...you should be fine Thanks Joey

Expert:  joeplow replied 1 year ago.

If you need more just ask me & please rate my answer Thanks Joey

Expert:  joeplow replied 1 year ago.

Built my first transmission way back in 1976