Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, L! Advanced Level with over 20 years of experience.
1627031

My 2005 siverado with duramax begin having problems with

Customer Question

My 2005 siverado with duramax begin having problems with transmission, it would not go into reverse once warmed up and it would say shift limited, I hooked my OBD scanner and got 3 error codes 0841 trans fluid pressure sensor/switch A CKT range/ performance, 0871 trans fluid pressure sensor/switch C CKT range/performance, 0872 trans fluid pressure sensor/switch C circuit low and the generic 0700 code, my name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no I just stated doing this I have checked all the fuses and used test light to make sure I have voltage to selector
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by a bad ignition switch. When the ignition switch starts to fail it will cause a voltage drop that will cause the truck to have these codes and act like this. I would do a voltage drop test of the ignition switch to see if it is going bad. If not then I would replace that first. Please let me know if you need more help.