Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

You online to help?

Customer Question

Hi Chris, you online to help?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.I see Chris hasnt replied.Is there anything I can help you with here today?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Pete! I have the following codes on my 99 Ford F250 5.4 2wd.
P0743
P0755
P1747P0135
P0155P1409
P0171From what I have read this is usually a cut, burnt, or shafe wire. I looked everywhere in the harness from Transmission to o2 sensors.1. Could a bad o2 sensor cause these codes?2. Anything electrical component on transmission cause it?3. Possible PCM?Symptoms are no engine power when in gear. Motor revs just fine in Park or Neutral. It goes through the gears it sounds like. Reverse and 1st will move the truck but barely.Clear the coded and they will come back.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

It is very possible the engine wiring harness at the computer or on the engine or leading to the transmission is chafed/damaged.I would check any areas the harness looks like it it sitting to close to the engine or transmission or any other components it looks like it could rub through on and see if any damage is found.If this is all checked and found o.k. clear out all fault codes then operate the vehicle and let me know what codes come back again as this will give us a good starting point.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry just saw your reply. I fixed it after countless hours of troubshooting and dead ends. All I saw was check fuse #23 in the fuses under the hood. Wrong it was #7 for this truck. Bought the truck used and understood it might need a motor. However I got lucky that it was missing a fuse. Runs great! But good to know in case my 02 quits running. She runs great now!
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

That is great to hear.Not sure where you got the info to check fuse 23 as I dont see it posted in my info above but that is great to hear it is running good again.If there is anything else i can help with let me know and feel free to rate my help if you like.

Thanks Pete