Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a 2007 provost coach and I'm getting a code of ol 70

Customer Question

I have a 2007 provost coach and I'm getting a code of ol 70 which my manual states that this is a low sump oil temperature. I can't clear the code and the trans won't engage into forward or reverse. The only answer I have got so far is to tow the bus to the nearest Allison service center. This is not a good option because the bus is already at the maximum height limit without the front end being picked up to tow.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be a fault with the transmission oil temperature sensor itself.I have seen this sensor fail on several models in the past before needing replaced to correct this issue here.Unfortunately this will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and then from there replaced.I have seen this type of sensor fail on the allison transmissions in the past needing replaced.If you cannot get it towed you might see if you can get a transmission repair center to send a mobile technician out to you to have it fully diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete