Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

I have a 2012 transit connect, the DTC P0171 shows up at the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2012 transit connect, the DTC P0171 shows up at the same time the transmission is slipping in a passing gear and now malfunctioning worse. Can they be connected problems?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: At first it was slipping in any passing gear and then it seemed second gear was gone. Had it repaired a week ago and now it's happening again while travelling at 65 MPH noticed RPMs very high I slowed down and and it banged into gear. both times the error code came up. Steve R.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, the P0171 indicates a air leak and will absolutely affect the trans shifting, you need to inspect the air intake and the boots for leaks and also the brake booster, spray the intake in spots with brake cleaner or carb cleaner and listen for the rpms to change, if you cannot find a external air leak then suspect the mass air flow sensor as faulty , those are the things we test first if the shop. hope this helps. Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.