Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years of exp. 10 with ford on my third with all other makes.Just love cars
35496794

2009 Nissan Altima. when warmer weather comes the trans

Customer Question

2009 Nissan Altima. when warmer weather comes the trans (ctv) goes into a falt mode at any time while driving. The car is exceptional except for this.. I know this was an ongoing problem till 2010. Was there any fix. Are there shops that can widen thresholds to stop it
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

I DO NOT SEE AN UPDATE BUT I DO SEE A FEW BULLETINS 1 FOR PROPER FLUID AND FILL AS WELL AS COOLANT STRENGTH. BUT IF THOSE CHECK OUT I SEE TSB NTB13-079C WHICH INSTALLS AN ADDITIONAL COOLER TO CORRECT THIS. GIVE IT A READ SHOULD HELP AND RATHER CHEAP COMPARED TO THE TRANS. REBUILD/REPLACE. HOPE THIS HELPS PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY SERVICE AND ACCEPT THANK YOU.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was under the empression this trans has a inner cooler
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay just getting back. The car has a cooler in the radiator the tsb is to add an additional cooler to keep the trans temp down to prevent limp mode due to heat.