sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I have a 2009 lincoln navigator here, the problem happens

Customer Question

I have a 2009 lincoln navigator here, the problem happens when the car is hot, after driving about 5 miles it feels like the tranny is stuck on 2nd or 3rd. Rhen the wrench pops up. Then is i leave the car overnight the next day it shifts fine at first then same problem happens. The tranny wasrebuilt already and its still doing the same. Any ideas on what to check next? Common problems?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  A. Penland replied 9 months ago.

The first thing to do is to have the complete vehicle checked for trouble codes. We have seen the electronic throttle body cause these problems. But I would recommend checking for trouble codes before replacing any parts. Get the codes and post them on this page so we can narrow down the cause of the problem.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here are the fault codes p0735 tranny gear #5 incorrect ratio. U0121 lost communication with the abs control module. U2473 unexpected vehicle speed(vss) .

I'll have to OPT OUT and reopen your question for the transmission experts. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thanks.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Does the ABS light stay on at the time the trans isn't shifting?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The abs light does not come on.
What i have noticed, after erasing the codes, while driving 1st to 4th gear it shifts fine, then from 4th to 5th then to 6th, i hear like farting sound after couple of times doing the the wrench light comes on , when it comes on it goes to limp home stuck on 3rd. But after a few hours of rest without erasing any codes the car will shift fine 1st to 4th again.

Does the ABS light not do a bulb check at key on then? U0121 sets when the ABS module isn't communicating with whatever module the code is setting in.