Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Jeffrey590, is there any secret trick to replacing a self

Customer Question

jeffrey590, is there any secret trick to replacing a self adjusting clutch cable with a manually adjusting one? I put one in les than a year ago and it snapped, so I got a new one and it is creaking like an old hinge and is kind of "catchy" at engagement. I read that you are not suppose to use the clip that holds the cable with the manual cables but it rubbing up against everything without the clip. I've got the clip back on now but I know the way it's acting, it's just not right. I also jus
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has responded to your question here on this.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.In some cases you can obtain the info on how to replace this cable from a repair center or dealer that works on this model and they may or may not charge a small fee for this.If this is not an option here and you want to continue to see if anyone can help here on this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I appreciate your response but this is a Saab specific situation and there are a couple of guys that have dealt with these issues on JA so I'll just wait for them. If you could just release the question I would appreciate it, thanks.

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete