Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Where is the transmission relay located on a 2006 dodge

Customer Question

Where is the transmission relay located on a 2006 dodge 2500? Motor is 5.9 cummins
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Transmission is stuck in 3rd gear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. welcome to our site!

The transmission relay is in the Totally Integrated Power Module or TIPM. You would need a scan tool capable of communicating the TIPM to test the transmission relay functionality.

Most of the problems we see with these vehicles stuck in limp mode are due to either connector and wiring issues, or lack of communication between modules through the bus.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any other things that could make my transmission stuck in 3rd gear

Yes, there is always the possibility of an internal failure. Did you pull the pan off? Any shavings or debris?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No shavings or debris. It is a fresh built transmission. Its not always stuck in 3rd gear

OK. Then we're back to having to communicate with the TIPM to find out why this is happening. Since there isn't any thing else I coud contribute that would help you at this point, I'll opt out so others can try. Please don't reply to this post or the site will revert the request back to me.

Best Regards.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Different tech here. Can you write out what your question is now so I can see if I can help?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris