cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Trying to find where to check transmission fluid Range

Customer Question

Trying to find where to check transmission fluid for 2005 Range Rover. Can't find picture in manual or online
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: 2005 Range Rover
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Trying to find where to check transmission fluid for 2005 Range Rover. Can't find picture in manual or online
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking for where? Is this automated response as I am answereing same questions
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: no, can't find it and no photo in manual or online that I have found yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

what size engine

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

give me just a moment

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not 4x4 sorry, that was my last one
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

not a problem

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

research indicates that your vehicle does not have a transmission fluid dipstick. These types of transmissions are designed to be maintenance free. In order to check the transmission fluid, your vehicle likely has check valve on the bottom of the transmission on the bottom of your car. Your car must be level when the fluid is checked but will need to be taken to shop to have checked if you need anything else let me know please be sure to rate my service when you get the chance

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I know there is a way to check it without the 100 service fee at my station. I already knew there wasn't a dipstick but I wanted a photo where to check. SOrry, waste of money here
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I wanted go to dealer I would have gone to dealer
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

i can give you a photo of the check valve

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That would be good as I refuse to take car to dealer in San Juan. Car comes out worse every time or not fixed at all
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

here is the transmission fluid check valve

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** am satisfied
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

not a problem if you need anything else please let me know be sure to rate my service when you get the chance