ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

I have a Prado 120 Kdj 105, 2007 model which has developed a

Customer Question

hi, I have a Prado 120 Kdj 105, 2007 model which has developed a whine at about 1500rpm to about 2600rpm from what i think in the automatic transmittion. what could be the cause and how do i get rid of it with out spending a fortune? Thanks,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible i would like to fix myself with help
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

This is caused by an issue with fluid flow. This may be something as simple as the filter being restricted/plugged, or more serious issue of faulty pump, torque converter, valve body, or severe wear of the bands and clutches that the material from them is restricting the flow

The first step is a transmission fluid filter replacement and flush the fluid. If the issue continues, then the transmission would need to come out and inspected and rebuilt as needed.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.