Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I 't have any money, looks like it going to my cadi
,

Customer Question

i don't have any money , looks like it going to my cadi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yeah , trans in 95 cadi and 98 navigator both causing issues same issue last gear hold to shift, in the nav I can slightly back off and it will shift , cadi I can go to 46 and it will shift
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been told multiple things , but seems like a goose hunt, one says solenoid in trans , others say tune up others say trans bad , others say maf , how is it both vehicles are doing same thing . trans on 95 cadi deville shifts fine until last gear, it hangs at 45 but if you step into it to get to 46 it shift...... 98 navigator same except if I slightly let off it shifts . so I drive it , when I hit 45 I let off a bit and cruze
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

We are only permitted to help diagnose one concern and vehicle per post. Which would you like me to help with? I am better on the 98 navigator diag. We can discuss a phone call if you feel that is best for you and once I know a little more.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well we can go with navigator . Because its prob same issue. You can call tomorrow at 12 noon. Or after 4pm . I tried to have them call today but no luck .

I am sending the invite that will allow me to call after this response.

On your navigator it should have a 4R100 transmission. Can you confirm that. The trans pan would be rectangle with one rear corner square gone.

You are needing to let off the throttle for it to shift into 4th gear overdrive, correct?

Is the fluid still ruby red with no bad odor?

Any warning lights on or flashing?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris