ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

I have a 2007 Toyota tundra 4.7l 4X4, The VSC light is

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Toyota tundra 4.7l 4X4, The VSC light is blinking and says its off. Also the 4WD low light is on and blinking, Sometime is shifts great and sometimes it is light it isn't shifting and slipping but you can turn the key off and restart and it will shift fine. There are no service codes. Any ideas?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, because I dont know the quality of the scan tool used, did you use one of the simple code readers to try to retrieve the codes and if so, the brand and model, or did you have Autozone or other parts store try to read it for codes?

I have to ask because low end code readers such as the parts stores use and you can buy for under $200 are not able to read VSC, Traction Control or 4wd control modules.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just a $250 a OTC scanner
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Ok, can you get me the model number so I can make sure if it reads these control modules or not. That will tell us the direction we need to go in

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK will on morning
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry it is a innova #3150
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I see where it reads powertrain, SRS/Airbag and ABS codes, but not VSC, Trac control or 4wd codes.