Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a porsche 993. It is an automatic transmission. When

Customer Question

Hello, i have a porsche 993. It is an automatic transmission. When i shift from park to drive it will make a loud grinding noise. Usually its when its cold in the morning. But i have no problems at all with the transmission and everything is smooth. I did a atf filter and oil change last year. And also the gear oil change 6 months ago. any idea?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be an issue with the park pawl or an issue with an internal gear issue.If it runs and drives o.k. with no noises I dont suspect this is an issue with an axle.The transmission will have to be inspected further to locate the cause for this fault here and then from there the fault repaired to correct this here.In some cases this can require the transmission to be removed to inspect the transmission internally.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete