Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2005 f150, 4.6, 4x4 truck. Overdrive & reverse

Customer Question

I have a 2005 f150, 4.6, 4x4 truck. Overdrive & reverse have both stopped working. Are there some things that i could check/fix that could repair them without having to buy a whole new transmission?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

it could possibly be the tcm transmission control module but i highly doubt it more then likely you are going to need to atleast have a rebuild done

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Different tech here. There is no TCM on this vehicle like the previous tech mentioned. Nothing electronic can fail and cause no reverse. You asked if there were things you can check. Are you comfortable removing the pan and valve body and have you ever done anything like that before. We need to start with checking the valves for binding and scoring issues then we need to check the servos for the reverse and overdrive bands.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris