sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** ***** and I have an 03 Dakota that has the

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** and I have an 03 Dakota that has the service 4wd light on. the light on the selector is on 4 hi when normally it is on the awd/n spot
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1. I have a code of P052, then I have the service 4wd light on. it is a 4.7l v8.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P052 is missing a digit to be a valid code but that wouldn't be related to the service four wheel drive light in any event. This code would have come from the powertrain control module rather than the transfer case control module.

An actual scan tool will be needed to see what codes are setting in the transfer case module. Do you have a scan tool that will communicate with it?