Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 1999 mazda 626 2.0 auto transmission that when I

Customer Question

I have a 1999 mazda 626 2.0 auto transmission that when I put it in drive while O/D on and it will barely move forward. I then disengage the O/D and the vehicle will drive forward and shifts gears with no problem and I engage the O/D and it shifts into it with no problem. But once I stop, it has the same problem. If I shift to the first gear then the second I have no problem.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The transmission was gone through for any defects within the transmission and it was found to be pristine inside of the transmission. Also, the check engine light is on.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The very few reports I cna find on this point to the PCM being to blame. I have not experienced this on this model but after looking at the circuit diagram trying to figure out what could cause this being the OD switch is just a single wire that communicates to the PCM. I believe it is the PCM to blame.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does anyone have a response? I need a person with Mazda transmission experience and can tell me where to look if it is control module to its location?

The PCM location is mounted under the center console.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris