Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Transmission was rebuilt by aamco because it would not go

Customer Question

Transmission was rebuilt by aamco because it would not go past 2nd gear..... still doing the samething and aamco cant figure it out
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Are there trouble codes stored?

Is the computer commanding 3rd gear seen through a scan tool?

Is the range sensor showing the correct gear selected?

Has the wiring been checked?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it initially showed the speed sensors and they were both replaced when the same problem persisted I took it to aamco, aamco rebuilt the transmission but it did not fix the issue, aamco took the vehicle to dealer to get the computer flashed but the same problem persisted, aamco has had to knock the transmission down 4 times and they can't seem to figure out the problem. I took the vehicle to aamco in early decemeber and to this day it is still there.... they claim no codes are showing up...... I am just surprised after everything that has been done, they can't seem to find the problem....

Is there anyway you can go there. Drive the vehicle with a tech in the vehicle. Tell me all the current symptoms starting from pulling the shifter from P to D? Then tell me if any warning lights or messages come on or flash, and have them scan it on the spot. For there to be no 3rd gear, the computer commanding 3rd gear, there would have to be codes or a faulty computer. I just need a little more info from the vehicle to figure this out not being in person to diag.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris