ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

I'M ***** *****. I HAVE A 96 F150 W/ E4OD. REPLACED MLPS

Customer Question

I'M ***** *****. I HAVE A 96 F150 W/ E4OD. REPLACED MLPS BECAUSE SHIFTING FROM D TO OD, THE TRANS WOULDN'T LOCK IN OD UNLESS YOU HAMMERD THE THROTTLE. I BELIEVE THE ADJUSTING FERREL (?) LOCATED AT THE MOUNTING BRACKET ON THE TRANS WAS TURNED WHILE THE CABLE WAS DISCONNECTED. (I HAVE A VERY HANDS ON HELPER, MY GRANDSON) I HAVE TRIED MULTIPLE ADJUSTMENTS ON IT WITH VARING RESULTS, TURNING THE FERREL X AMOUNT OF TIMES EACH TIME W/ CHANGES IN THE WAY IT SHIFTS. IT'S CURRENT SETTING IS CLOSE BUT THE TRANS WON'T LOCK IN OD WITHOUT FEATHERING THE THROTTLE. MAKE SENSE ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I HAVE TO DRIVE WITH THE OD BUTTON ON THE SHIFTER KNOB IN THE OFF POOSITION, LIGHT BLINKING, BECAUSE IT WONT LOCK IN OD. IT TRIES TO SLIP IN OD.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

When you are able to get it into OD, any issue with it dropping in and out of OD on it is own at that point?

Have you used a scan tool to check for fault codes and if so, are there any and what are they?

Please remember that I am not there and may need to ask for more information on occasion

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the problem solved. My fault for not reading further. It's been hours since requesting a refund for being double charged for the one question. Not your fault but admin service sux. I don't suppose you can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric, I have been charged twice already for nothing. Your request leads me to a screen wanting more money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get passed that window to communicate.
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I will have customer service contact you