Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I have a 1997 dodge 3500 automatic. when I crank it and

Customer Question

I have a 1997 dodge 3500 automatic. when I crank it and first put it in gear it pulls just fine. but when I start to drive it will not shift into overdrive and acts like it is slipping. I can turn the key off and put it in neutral while going down the road and when I crank it back up it will go in gear and pull perfect for a short distance then start slipping again. could the filter be stopping up and not letting it pump fluid to the clutched
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This does sound like a plugged up transmission filter. This can cause the pump to loose line pressure and then the slipping happens. Drop the pan and change the fluid and filter.

I think that will take care of it.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

I ho0e this helps!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris