sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

My automatic transmision is not geering over drive
, I

Customer Question

my automatic transmision is not geering over drive
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I been heaving problems on my transmision , not geer in tro over drive I tod is the treiny, and I over haul it and nothing , and then I tod is the compurer and steel doing same thing .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like your trans may be going ito limp in. If the trans controller sees an issue that will prevent proper operation it will lock you in a single gear. This could be an internal trans issue or an electrical problem, it would be more likely to be an electrical problem if the trans has been rebuilt.

What year and model is the vehicle and what engine do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is 2000 dodge ram engine 5.9

I assume it's staying in third gear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
goes up to third and stay there, I put an other compurer of a 1999 durango and the trans. Work perect but shows NO BUS ON THT DASH

It doesn't stay in third, it shifts up and down normally but just doesn't shift into fourth?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whit the 1999 durango computer shift all perfect but on the dash shows NO BUS

If your PCM has failed then it will need to be replaced with the correct one. The part number from the original has to match the replacement with the exception of the last letter.