Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2003 x type 6 cylinder, trnsmission growls at times and will

Customer Question

2003 x type 6 cylinder, trnsmission growls at times and will at times jerk very hard as if it can not sift or like it is jumping in and out of gear.when going up a steep grade it cannot run with speed control engaged because it jumps i a d ot of ear violently.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The engine lite is on and the it says that my high performance is not available. The transmission does not slip or miss shifting ears when it is supposed to. When going up a steep grade it acs as though you are pulling a very heavy load, because it will jerk violently and you are loosing speed. When you back off to around 2200 rpm it smooths out nd as long as you don't hit the gas heavy it runs fine, but hit the as to hard or get it up to 2800 rpm it will start jerking severly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.