molurch
molurch, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  over 30 years
1609972

I have a 2004 subaru outback LL Bean 3.0 and I cannot find

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2004 subaru outback LL Bean 3.0 and I cannot find the transmission fluid dipstick. It is supposed to be a yellow tipped handle. I have the owner's manual showing where it it but it isn't there. I can't find the hole it goes into either. The transmission is slipping badly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The engine is running rough, then smooth and it shifts very hard. The shifter is hard to get out of park after starting the engine. It is stuck in park even when I press the brake pedal down hard several times. I just bought the car and I'm afraid I may have got a lemon. It looks good, ran perfectly for a few days and now has engine/transmission problems. A friend told me it could be because the transmission fluid is low or burned.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  molurch replied 10 months ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
It is located near & below the Brake Master Cylinder

click Attachments below

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Expert:  molurch replied 10 months ago.

.
Hello again Lurch here..........
You requested me & I responded
I have not heard back from you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.