Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. repairing vehicles. Factory trained Nissan and Subaru Technician.
2921078

I have a 2012 Nissan Rogue. The transmission just started to

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Nissan Rogue. The transmission just started to whine a few days ago... Prior to this it was occasionally not shifting down into first when accelerating. Can this problem be repaired or am I looking at a new transmission?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

How many miles on the car?

Also, is it AWD or FWD?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has 95 thousand kms and it is all wheel drive.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Ok,

To be honest since you are hearing the whining sound and it is having a issue with the shifting it seems likely you are going to need a transmission. The cvt transmission doesn't have many parts that can be serviced on it and in most cases when it fails it requires replacement.

That being said, the fluid level should be checked and tested to see if it should be replaced. This may be part of the reason for the issues you are having. The whining bit worries me because usually that's an indication of bearing failure

Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?