Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2012 Chrysler 300 Limited with 18,000 miles on it.

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Chrysler 300 Limited with 18,000 miles on it. It will not readily up-shift into overdrive gear after an easy, smooth acceleration to normal highway speeds (55-60+) on level ground. I have to release the throttle pedal and let the car slow down a tiny bit for it to up-shift. Also, if I accelerate to a cruise speed and immediately push the set cruise control, it does not up-shift. Any solutions to this?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). No experts here are Just Answer employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We are independent contractors, only paid when you rate our answer.

We need a scan tool to verify the TCM is requesting an upshift. If it is then we need to first off swap the solenoid for overdrive. Then retest to see if we need to go into the transmission to inspect the bands and clutches. There is a message to perform a computer update and adaption reset and relearn to see if that addresses the issue.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you do not see the rating scale, or are new and confused, let me know.

I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris