Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

My name is ***** *****. i have '04 vw golf ag5 tiptronic

Customer Question

Customer: hi. my name is ***** *****. i have '04 vw golf ag5 tiptronic transmission jatco jf506e. my problem is to change gear 2nd - 3 rd and 3rd - 4th make shock, other speed works perfectly. What is a problem ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when the engine speed is 2200 - 2500 rpm, 2-3 and 3-4 gear shift shock is stronger at 3,000 rpm shifting 2-3 and 3-4 shock is much weaker. In manual mode, the repeated changes 2-3, 3-2 or 3-4, 4-3He does not feel the shock.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you start by explaining what you mean when you say it causes a shock and also has the computer been scanned to see if there are any fault code setting. Post back with complete details and we can work from there.