Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Name is ***** *****. Having issues with Aisin 50-42LE trans.

Customer Question

Customer: Name is ***** *****. Having issues with Aisin 50-42LE trans. Have several questions.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, -- the trans is slipping a bit in 1st at starting off then shudders as it shifts into 2nd. 135K mi. on odom. Runs fairly hot.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem you are describing is an internal problem or a electronic control issue the first thing you need to do is to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting . In most cases if its a electronic control issue there should be fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine the cause.