Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Epperson. I have a 2009 chevrolet 3500 that the transmission

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Epperson. I have a 2009 chevrolet 3500 that the transmission is acting crazy on. The transmission will do fine when first operated and then it will start slipping and shifting down and up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I noticed when I purchased the truck that it was doing this and noticed also that the harness that plugs into the back of the transmission was frayed and had bare wires showing. So I ordered a new harness pigtail and soldered the wires and installed the new plug. I am still having the same issue. I am showing code p0700, u0101, and p056
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  pETER replied 10 months ago.

you have to scan transmission so i can give you more detailed answer, p0700 indicates problem within transmission controller, so scanning TCM is required