sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Have a limp mode on pt cruiser. New engine wire harness, new

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, Have a limp mode on pt cruiser. New engine wire harness, new pcm, and new tcm. Still in limp mode
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2002 Pt Crusier-dealer advised needed new engine harness after changing out new pcm. Did not resolve limp mode-so changed out with new tcm still in limp mode. What to check next?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Transmissions Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are literally dozens of possible causes for the trans to stay in limp in. If the TCM and wiring have been ruled out then you may have a trans, range sensor, speed sensor or solenoid pack issue. The problem could also be as simple as the trans relay.

Do you know what fault codes are setting in the TCM?