Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a 2007 dodge durango 4.7 4x4 and the transfer is like

Customer Question

I have a 2007 dodge durango 4.7 4x4 and the transfer is like it stuck in overdrive and want shift in the low the code is saying it a shift solenoid a
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely shift solenoid A needs replaced and possibly other solenoids as well.I have also seen issues with the transmission valve body as well needing replaced for an issue like this here.If you can post here the fault code number that has set with this issue here this will help just let me know.Most common is usually the shift solenoid(s) at fault needing replaced as I have had to replace several before.The cost can vary all depending on where it is purchased at and how much the dealer/shop charges to replace it but usually anywhere from $200 to $500 to have replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete