Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Ok 97 gmc 4x4 fixed the problem with the indicator switch so

Customer Question

Ok 97 gmc 4x4 fixed the problem with the indicator switch so now the switches light up to tell me 2 or***** My problum is I can not go from 2 to 4h. I can go to 4l and it shifts fine but push 4h from 4l or 2h it goes to 2h.also from2h to 4h both 4h and 4l lights flash before it goes back to 2h with 2h light only on . Replaced the transfer case switch assembly with one from bone yd, no fix Help ??
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to a fault with the actuator on the transfer case itself.This actuator shifts the transfer case from 2 high to 4 high to 4 low.I have seen this actuator fail several times before in the past needing replaced to correct a fault like this here.If you can get the fault codes checked and let me know what codes are set this will help.This needs done using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set and then from there the codes can be diagnosed.If you are unable to get the codes read out let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete