Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

2003 hyundia Elantra stuck in 3rd gear and does go into

Customer Question

2003 hyundia Elantra stuck in 3rd gear and does go into reverse , we scanned it and the scanner says - o760 and p1529 1 of 3 solenoids
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Do you still have these codes present?

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

\what does it do when you put it into reverse?is it as if it is in neutral?

please explain

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
REVERSE IS FINE , THE SCAN SAY PO760 AND P1529 , ITS SEEMS TO BE STUCK IN 3RD GEAR , IM GUESSING ITS EITHER THE SHIFT SOLENOIDS OR THE HARNESS , I ALREADY CHANGED THE INPUT/OUTPUT TRANNY SENSORS
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I HERE ITS COMMON THAT THE WIRING HARNESS SODER JOINTS BREAK

hi

yes,,the wire harness is known for this,,

please stand by,i will upload info for this problem

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q8i167mkznmuxc/0115%20hyandia-Automatic%20Transaxle.doc?dl=0&preview=0115+hyandia-Automatic+Transaxle.doc

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/3q8i167mkznmuxc/0115%20hyandia-Automatic%20Transaxle.doc?dl=0&preview=0115+hyandia-Automatic+Transaxle.doc

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that you very helpful , I will work on it this weekend , please pay tim

you are very welcome please leave me a rating

thanks

if you are satisfied,please leave a rating

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
DO I NEED TO PULL THE TRANSMISSION OUT TO DO THIS JOB OR CAN THE JOB BE DONE WITH THE TRANS IN THE CAR?

THE SPEED SENSORS CAN BE REPLACED WITH THE TRANS IN THE CAR.

IT DOESNT TAKE LONG TO REPLACE

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I DID THAT BUT IT SEEMS TO BE THE SHIFT SOLENOIDS OR THE TRANS WIRING HARNESS

this can also be done in the car by following the procedures i gave you in the link