Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2005 chrysler 300 v6 that drives great put just the

Customer Question

Customer: hi , ***** *****. I have a 2005 chrysler 300 v6 that drives great put just the other day my vehicle went in to limp mode on the free way due to code p0730 trans incorrect gear ratio . its werd cause the transmission does not knock or sound bad the gears are not slipping . can't figure why the code would come on ? it was raining very bad out and alot of puddles on freeway n my spalsh guard is not on it feel of you think water could of got up into connectors or some ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just the code P0730 it has 150,000 mi and never had trans flush.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes chris thank you budd
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome back! That p0730 code can set for many reasons. It could simply be low transmission fluid level so before you do anything, check and make sure the fluid level is correct. The other thing it may be is an input or output speed sensor that got damaged from the water, or the connectors for the speed sensors became damaged. Is that the only code?

Chris