Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

2002 civic hybrid,jump starts easily,seems to run o.k.in 1st

Customer Question

2002 civic hybrid,jump starts easily,seems to run o.k.in 1st gear,but dies and must be jumped again when shifted into 2nd why????
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.If there are any codes set those codes will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I have seen issues with a loose wiring connection or damaged wiring in some cases cause a fault like this here needing replaced or repaired.It may also be a sensor or solenoid at fault in the transmission shorting out needing replaced.Having the codes checked with a compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle will help locate the fault here for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete