Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, L! Advanced Level with over 20 years of experience.
1627031

I have a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali, I had a problem with the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali, I had a problem with the transmission, so I decided to replace it with a used one. Got the used transmission in and now the transmission is not doing any. Will not go into any gear. Put the drive in drive, reverse, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear and the truck will not move. Is this a bad transmission or could there be something else going on?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. What was the problem with the old transmission?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would go into first and second gear, but not in third or fourth.
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If everything is installed right and the shift cable is moving the shift selector on the side of the transmission and if the torque converter bolts are installed then you more than likely have a defective transmission.