Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

94 NPR (70K miles). Now downshifts as soon as you take your

Customer Question

94 NPR (70K miles). Now downshifts as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator. Will not stay in higher gear. Some sort of throttle sensor? Can't go anywhere without constant downshifting. thanx. Guy
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.This needs done with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can read your vehicles computers.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This may be a transmission solenoid in the transmission valve body or the valve body itself at fault as I have seen on some models in the past.This will have to be checked/tested further to locate and repair the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete