Trans_ Service
Trans_ Service, ..................
Experience:  .................
14892859

, Replaced battery on 2000 solara. Car starts but can't

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Replaced battery on 2000 solara. Car starts but can't put car in gear, and none of the gauges, power windows, etc.. work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Trans_ Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like you have some blown fuses. The car will not go into gear because, most likely, the BRAKE light fuse is burned out/blown. Please check to see if the brake lights work while pressing the brake pedal. If not, you have blown fuses.