Marty
Marty, Bosch Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch certified master technician. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a C200 W202 with automatic trasmission. It currently

Customer Question

I have a C200 W202 with automatic trasmission. It currently has a gear shift problem, it can not shift in next gear whatever RPM. Please help.
Lewis.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi Lewis, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** problem is usually caused by a faulty speed sensor in the transmission. You will need to get the transmission computer scanned for fault codes with a Mercedes tester. More than likely there will be codes stored for a bad speed sensor. The sensors are part of the transmission conductor plate. The plate is mounted inside the transmission above the valve body. Approximate cost for a conductor plate replacement is $950. Another possibility is a faulty gearshift selector module but the speed sensor failure is by far the most common cause of this problem.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service as this is the only way that I can receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes question. Was my answer helpful?

Marty