Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician with 12 yrs. experience.
6166830

I want to re install the gear box that I removed, do I go

Customer Question

I want to re install the gear box that I removed, do I go ahead nd reinstall it or is there any special thing I have to do before reinstalling?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi what is the year and model of your car ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toyota Verso 2005
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

ok . no there is nothing special you have to do just reinstall the box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please Clifton, I will be reinstalling the gearbox on Saturday after that I will rate your service. Please excercise a little patience I will get back to you on Sunday most likely.Thanks.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls, the gearbox has been mounted but the car is yet to be started. It was re installed yesterday but no transmission oil yet in the gearbox. Pls, I still plead with you to be a little bit patient with me. I will need to know the condition of the car first then I will rate you if your advice was positive. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Clifton B, the mmt gearbox has been mounted but the car could not raise, the 'N' is blinking in all gear positions, the gear could not select. In any position you keep the gear, it will still be showing the 'N'. What is the next step. You know that your rating will come when there is a positive result, that was why I pleaded with you to excercise patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clifton B, the car has started driving after I performed initialisation of mmt ecu and initialisation and learning of mmt clutch, but it is not driving well. When you engage the gear on 'E', it moves and stops moves and stops i.e. when you have not throttled but when you throttle it drives. After a while, it started jumping into 'N' which was the reason of my trying to change the gearbox in the first instance. Now please tell me the solution to this problem so that I can give you the rating you dserve. I really need a solution to this problem because the car has not been used for over a month due to this issue.Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have preffared talking to you on the phone but I am not in the United States. If I have your number, I can call you meanwhile my number is +2348066983377, I am in Nigeria.