Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My 2005 Pacifica goes into limp mode on occasion, II I turn

Customer Question

My 2005 Pacifica goes into limp mode on occasion, II I turn it off on restart it it works fine again. I took it to the shop and they wanted to rebuild the trans. I feel this is purely electrical, not transmission, any help on the matter?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Did the shop tell you what the transmission diagnostic trouble codes are that is causing it to go into limp in?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No,they had the car 3 days, said they were having difficulty figuring out my problem. And insisted that the transmission code that showed up required a new transmission or rebuild. If this is true why does it work fine after in turn it off and restart it. Plus this was over a year ago. It just started to do it more often.
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Get a second opinion. I think that it is a sensor or transmission solenoid problem.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
In helpful, I have already made that assumption and got a second opinion. But I am not satisfied with your responses.or those from the shops I took them to. Top vague
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

I understand, but if you are able to get the codes I can be more precise as to what solenoid or sensor may be causing this. Since you cannot tell me the codes it is tough to diagnose at my end. Make sense? My answers and suggestions are only as good as the information you provide to me. If you can somehow get the codes, then I can futher help you.

Chris