Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

2005 f150. codes p2106 and p0720. reverse works fine but I

Customer Question

Customer: 2005 f150. codes p2106 and p0720. reverse works fine but I have no forward. what is the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yesturday while driving i noticed that the transmission was slipping. aslo when starting off it would sometimes slam into gear. last night i lost all forward gears. step on the gas and the rpms go up but the truck does not move.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the 720 code is a code for output shaft speed. the computer sees your in drive and knows it should see a signal from the output speed sensor but nothing is being sent.

if you have reverse, then most likely you have a failed front clutch pack. the trans will have to come out and be inspected and most likely re built.

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy