sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I removed and serviced the a/t valve body of nissan

Customer Question

I removed and serviced the a/t valve body of nissan pathfinder 2005 and installed it back after which the suv has refused to crank. What am I to do?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

It's possible that you have a TCM, wiring or connection issue. If you have a scan tool the first thing I would recommend is checking for TCM communication. If no scan tool is available you'll want to at least double check electrical connections.

If the TCM is awake then odds are the problem is related t the transmission range sensor in some way. The range sensor is on top the valve body and is moved by the manual valve when the shift linkage is moved. If the range sensor didn't get plugged back in, it's connector pins or wiring were damaged, or the sensor wasn't installed correctly then the TCM won't know the trans is in park and the starter won't engage.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Sprinkle,The transmission has been taking care of. The owner decided to buy a new valve body. It has been installed and the vehicle started one hand.Thanks for your efforts in trying to help me.

You're welcome!