Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

1993 Ford F150 with 351 auto trans. trans jerks when

Customer Question

Customer: 1993 Ford F150 with 351 auto trans. trans jerks when shifting up and down shift.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This truck sits for months at a time, little to no driving. Have been driving it for about a week with no problems however when my son drove it months back he had encountered the same problem. I had a transmission shop replace the instrument clusted last year for the same problem however the odometer and speedometer did stopped working about the same time the transmission started to jerk when shifting. However now the odometer and spedo are working fine. Your thoughtsno Thanks, Vern
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Roy replied 11 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

from your description, it sounds like the valve body has some sticking valves. I suggest changing the oil/filter in the trans and adding some valve body modifier which will help the valves move freely.

make sure the motor mounts are tight and not worn or broken. in some cases, motor mounts can cause this as well.

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 11 months ago.

how are you making out???

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 11 months ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy