ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

I'm reposting this question. 2002 Ford Escape 3.0 4x4.

Customer Question

I'm reposting this question. 2002 Ford Escape 3.0 4x4. Automatic trans will shift through gears fine if shifted manually. But not automatically. Passing gear works good too. One expert said the 2/4 band was broke. I replaced it but it was not broke. I got a 705 code so I replaced the TRS. Neither made a difference.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Is the P0705 still present or did replacing the TRS take care of that?

The symptoms point to an electronic issue. do you have a scan tool with full function capabilities to command the shift solenoids on and off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have the code. My neighbor has a Snap On Solus scanner. Not sure if that will do the job
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

It should.

We usually drop the pan, but if he also has a mechanic's stethoscope, you place the end to the transmission pan and have him connect the scan tool to your vehicle and go into transmission menu and go thru each shift solenoid, commanding them off and on while you listen. You should be able to hear them click on and off. Let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome and let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. With the holidays I couldn't get to my neighbors shop to have him check the trans. Finally did. His scanner will go into trans mode but will not let him manipulate the solenoids. It did say there were solenoid faults but those came and went
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, get me the fault code numbers for the solenoids so I know which ones