sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

My 6.7l 6 speed manual wouldn't rev over 2500rpm in 6th.

Customer Question

My 6.7l 6 speed manual wouldn't rev over 2500rpm in 6th. Today I tried it again and it was fine. I also realized the sometimes the mpg goes down to14mpg without any reason, highway, no load no towing
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that the engine was producing low power due to a fuel delivery issue or lack of boost, or the ECM may have derated power due to an abnormal sensor input or injector circuit issue. It's not uncommon for the turbo ring to stick and cause a lack of boost.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see if any fault codes have set. Have you checked for codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I didn't check for error codes. But there are no error codes on the display.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to connect a code reader or scan tool to the data link connector and see if any codes are stored in the ECM.