Marty
Marty, Bosch Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch certified master technician. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2006 e350 4matic transmission won't engage and it rolls even

Customer Question

Customer: 2006 e350 4matic transmission won't engage and it rolls even in park. heard loud bang and then this problem when hitting gas after light.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: engine revs but won't go into gear. tow truck driver said could be axle since it rolls even in park.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** wrecker driver may be correct. The loud banging that you heard was probably an axle or the front or rear driveshaft breaking loose. You will need to get the car to the shop to inspect the drive train to see what came loose.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this problem. Please click on a rating for my service as this it the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty