Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

My 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t drives great. The only issue is the

Customer Question

My 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t drives great. The only issue is the slow shift from 2cnd gear to 3rd gear when the gear shift indicator on the instrument panel shows a dash. Once I shut off the car and restart the car, the car runs great again, till the dash on the instrument panel appears again a few minutes or so.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical sensor or solenoid fault in the transmission itself.This will cause a slow shift if one is acting up and can reset to normal operation for a short period when an electrical fault occurs in the transmission.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked with a scan tool to see what codes are set.Then from there the codes diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue.If you can get the fault codes read out from all computers and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete