Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

1993 Mercedes 300sl. Could only go from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to

Customer Question

1993 Mercedes 300sl. Could only go from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 5th gear. Test drive evaluation ( place lever in 4 gear position go 56mph release accelerator pedal immediately move lever to 5th gear then back to 4th and nothing changed then was able to go
down to 3rd ok). 4th gear was not functioning properly. At 62mph 3rd gear was at 4500 rpm and 5th was 2300 rpm and no 4th gear. Then from a dead stop with WOT 1st gear went 2nd at 7000rpm then 2nd to 3rd at 7000 then went to 4th and had to let off the gas,now
5th if not working. Drove around 10 more minutes and only have 1,2,3 and 4. Checked pin 13 with my 16 pin code reader and only have a 1 blink no fault found. What is the problem and how do I fix it?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi Joe, sorry for the wait I have been away from my computer. I'll be back in the morning to help you with this.

Marty

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok will look for email sometime Sunday