sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I have a 2001 gh on day Santa Fe four-wheel-drive that I

Customer Question

I have a 2001 high on day Santa Fe four-wheel-drive that I picked up from the transmission shop I had a new transmission put in it I was driving down the road and it worked perfect and then it stalled out on me and would not start again it's turning over
but does not start what is wrong with it
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are literally dozens of things that can cause the engine to die. It coudl be as simple as a blown fuse, it could be a cam or crank sensor issue, wiring, the fuel pump or the engine controller itself. The issue may or may not be related to the trans work that was done, but the timing is obviously very suspect.

Have you checked for fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Are you able to?

Is it something you're wanting to diagnose and repair yourself?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No and yes I want to fix myself
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 12 months ago.

You're going to need test equipment if you're wanting to diagnose and repair the issue yourself. If fuses are good and there are no visible problems then the first step in diagnosing the problem is to see if any fault codes are setting, electrical testing will almost surely need to be done from there.