Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

My 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel won't shift into second. I

Customer Question

Hi, I am Munesh. My 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel won't shift into second. I just replaced the governor pressure solenoid and the governor pressure transducer.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to determine if the problem is internal or electronic you need to start with a scan on the system. Have you scanned the computer system to see if there are any fault code setting , if not can you do this and post back them for me. Let me know and I will try and help you with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron, yes I have done a scan and it's saying. Governor pressure mid-malfunction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Governor mid-pressure malfunction
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the actual code your getting please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1756
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The common cause for this code to set unfortunately is usually due to a failing transmission , you can start by testing the actual governor pressure with a gauge on the governor pressure test port. If it is 0 then it is an internal transmission problem. If the pressure is reading on the gauge then the problem is likely with the pressure sensor inside the transmission. Since you have replaced it I would start with checking the actual pressure.